The Fire Prevention Division of the City of Montebello Fire Department interacts with developers, architects and engineers to meet fire protection and hazardous materials requirements for building and developments by reviewing all architectural blue prints, development plans and proposals submitted in the City of Montebello. This includes conditional use permits, temporary use permits, Fire Code permits, site development, environmental impact reports, Fire and Building plan review and underground tank plan review.
Fire Plan Review Submittal Requirements
- The licensed contractor commissioned to perform the work will submit and pick-up the plans.
- Completely fill out Fire Application 2020-2021
- Provide copies of all required State and City of Montebello business licenses
- Provide three sets of plans
- Plans shall be legible and scaled.
- Provide listings and specifications of all materials listed on plans
- Plan Check and Permit Fees are due upon submittal
MFD Plan Submittal Requirements:
- MFD Fire Sprinkler Plan Submittal Requirements
- MFD Fire Sprinkler Underground Plan Submittal Requirements
- MFD Fire Sprinkler Supply/Fire Main Submittal Requirements
- MFD Fire Alarm Plan Submittal Requirements
- MFD Commercial Hood System Submittal Requirements
The City of Montebello Standard Operating Guidelines for the construction of buildings and roads in the City:
- Fire Access SOG
- Speed Humps/Bumps
- Radio Communication System for Emergency Responders
NFPA Testing and Certification Documentation:
The Plan Check turnaround is approximately 3-4 weeks.
Payment must be submitted with the plans. When plans are completed, the plans examiner will contact the applicant and inform him or her. Checks should be made out to the “City of Montebello”.